On Thursday 10th March, 8 TY students ventured out to the Aviva Stadium for the Bond Trader Challenge. The students were selected based off their enthusiasm and hard work during their Mini Company TY module. The students enjoyed a tour around the Aviva Stadium, followed by the grueling Bond Trader Challenge. Below explains the Challenge
What is the Bond Trader Challenge?
It is a game that teaches a number of concepts;
· the laws of supply and demand
· the relationship between interest rates and inflation
· the importance of economic indicators.
This was all done through a fun, interactive game.
The challenge begins with;
· an introduction to markets and trading
· an explanation on how to trade with bonds, shares & cash
· followed by a sample scenario.
Students had to respond to real market scenarios and make decisions on how to manage their own bond portfolio. The challenge had 8 scored rounds with an interval after round 4. At the end of each trade, the students were asked what decisions they made and why?